5 Ways to Make Prayer Come Alive
by Janis Cox
The first time I learned about prayer was in my bedtime prayers - rote prayer following by blessings for each member of my family. Then I would say the Lord’s Prayer.
As I continued on in my life and started to study God’s Word through daily readings and Bible studies, I learned about talking to Him in prayer throughout the day.
But never did it sink in that I needed to know His ways and what He wanted me to learn - until Jesus rescued me and I finally understood that I can have a closer connection to Him.
Then prayer became even more special. It became as natural as breathing. It’s something I do all the time, every day. It became Living Prayer. (By the way that was a Bible Study that changed my life.)
We should get in the habit of continually seeking His counsel on everything. ~Oswald Chambers
How did this happen? Here are 5 ways.
- I really studied His Word. I wanted to know it better. God gave me a unique way for me to study using the S.I.M.P.L.E method.
- I took quiet time every day to talk to Him - sometimes requests, sometimes wanting to know the answer to something.
- I listened. I really listened. He does speak if you listen.
- I expanded my territory by being a part of prayer chains.
- I offered to pray for others - even strangers that God led me to.
There are many other ways to make prayer come alive and part of you.
Here are some good prayer resources.
Refresh by Ron Hughes
The Power of Persistent Prayer by Cindy Jacobs
Too Busy Not to Pray by Bill Hybels
The Workbook of Living Prayer by Maxie Dunnam
What are good books that you have read on prayer? I am always looking for new ones.
Check out my books at my Bookstore.
Free books – sign up now.