Ephesians 6:12 ” For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”
Make no mistake, there is a battle being waged all around us! God’s Word is so clear on this that when you continue to read the very next verses in Ephesians 6:13-17, Paul gives us God’s battle gear to put on and take up in order to fight the enemy.
When we come up against the difficulties of this life, we must keep an eternal, kingdom minded perspective in order to see clearly. I personally have found that this mindset is the only way I have true Mercy and Grace for the offenses in my life. My battle is not with “flesh and blood”, but with “the spiritual forces of evil”. The people that are most difficult and abrasive have a reason for being and behaving the way they do. More often than not you are not their focus or irritation, but rather a target because you got in the way of their venting or frustration. When you choose to respond with love and kindness instead of carnal negative responses you hit the enemy in the face, walking forward from the place of victory.
With every life altering decision, there is a spiritual battle between good and evil going on around you. This is where the “Full Armor of God” becomes pivotal.
1. The Belt of TRUTH, it is the over arching guide in all you do, it exposes lies and darkness. God’s Holy Word is where you will find truth.
2. Breastplate of Righteousness, righteous living is the affirmation of and living in alignment with God’s truth.
3. Feet fitted with the gospel of Peace, the gospel gives us peace and grounds us, allowing us to stay upright and stable.
4. Shield of Faith is how you fight off the flaming arrows that distract us from God’s plan. Faith is putting your beliefs into action, it’s not about you, but all about God and trusting Him. We don’t need more Faith as much as we need a greater perspective of what we put our Faith in.
5. Helmet of Salvation is protection over our mind, which is where most of our troubles start, our thoughts! Know who you are in Christ.
6. The Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God… Know it, understand it, seek wisdom from it, speak it OUT LOUD!
7. Pray, Pray, PRAY!
The best news is, the Battle has already been won! Christ took on ALL sin, ALL suffering, died the most horrific death and resurrected from death so that we, who believe in Him could have eternal life! Start facing the battles in your life from the place of Victory, fully equipped with the Full Armor of God!