Dear Vanessa ~ What is this life about?
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world,” (John 16:33, NIV).
As I read this today, I paused and realized how very fortunate I have been in my life. Moments that take your breath away we are meant to experience fully. Some moments may not be ideal, but they bring us where we need to be.
As I drive to work every day, on my ride I am overcome by God’s goodness, His faithfulness, His never-ending love, His forgiveness. I start my morning ride with a prayer, “be my eyes to see what you want me to see, be my ears to hear the words you want me to hear, be my mouth to speak what you want me to speak….” I pray this with conviction and ask for God to direct my children and husband in the same way. I then pause, and cry, my eyes water and I feel full of thankfulness. “Thank-you God for saving me, and giving me a second chance.”
You see not long ago, 4 years ago (January 2011), life changed in a moment. The moment felt like forever, seconds seemed like minutes, diving into the pool a whisper said, “You are going to be ok, but brace yourself, this is going to be tough, brace your neck.” The reassurance I felt to my core, and I knew it was Him. A few days later I had my halo, a halo brace that weighed 8lbs. A c1 fracture that not many survive displaced and never healed on paper. But by the grace of God, I chose to TRUST in him. He has shown me so much, and His grace has extended beyond my greatest expectations.
By His grace this is what I am learning:
- Life is about the moments that take your breath away good and bad.
- Trusting in Him is the only way.
- Don’t give up when you feel like you can’t take it anymore, He has overcome the world!
- Start and end the day with Him, He will help me navigate through the days struggles.
- Family is what matters, live every moment in Love for family, friends and those close to you.
- Extend a hand when you feel like you can’t. Whether it is sharing a smile or giving love, support to those in need. We all are hurting, reach out and touch someone, it will make a difference.
- Live for today, don’t look back.
- Don’t judge, everyone has a story and we are all children of His.
- Forgiveness goes a long way, let it go and give it to Him.
- Love, love, love, spread the love, it has ripple effects.
- Be grateful, live a life of gratitude. It’s all in the attitude!
- God is in control, all we have control of is our response.
Thank-you God for all of your love. Thank-you for leading me to a place I would never change. Father, I pray that my days will be filled with your grace. I thank-you Father for saving me in so many ways and for the blood of Jesus, that promises us a life where the sun is always shining. You promises are everlasting and I love you with my whole heart.
As you pause this season, may you take all of the moments in fully. May you be blessed my friends over this season where we have so much to be thankful for.
What are you grateful for today? Live for today and spread the love!
Download the Cover for your book here: cover
And here is the pdf of the recipe: Dec 18
EATMORE BARS (easy prep for those moms that don’t like baking!)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup beehive golden syrup
- 1 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups small flake 20 minutes oats
- 2 cups chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Place regular large oats into a processor and process down to make a small flake oat.
- Make into small flakes
- Next chop peanuts, not too fine.
- Prepare a 10 x 6 inch pan (brownie pan) lightly butter (you can make a smaller square if you like too but I like them thick!)
- In a saucepan add the peanut butter and corn syrup and bring to a low boil, and stir well, then remove from heat.
- Add chipits, small flakes oats, and peanuts.
- Mix well until chocolate is all melted and combined evenly.
- Pour in to prepared pan.
- Chill to harden, remove five minutes, then slice into bars. Viola!!