I just hate to throw anything away. Re-purposing has been a way for me to clean out all of the “stuff” that I have been collecting with the intention of being a good steward. At some point you realize that the stuff has to go! So here is a great idea for those wine corks that have collecting dust in a bowl on our shelf!
Tools & materials:
Old Wine Corks
Acrylic paint: assorted
Knife or small saw
5mm eye screws
Rubber stamps: assorted
- Cut the wine corks into the desired width using a knife or a small saw. A bench vise comes in handing while cutting but if you don’t have a bench vise I suggest using piers or vise grips to hold the cork with. Be sure to be very careful and keep your fingers away from the blade and work on a protected surface.
- Next sand and paint your cork slices.
- Next use ink pad and stamps to decorate them.
- Screw in your eye hook and voila you have your pendants.
- These pendants can be used as earrings by simply putting a jump ring through to an earring stem. You can also use this same concept and make a matching bracelet and necklace.
- Glass goblet pendants
- Garden or Pot ornament by using a coat hanger or wire to make a hook to hang it from.
The possibilities are endless!
Have fun…it is never too early to start thinking of Christmas!